I´m Niels Ohlsen, i work in business intelligence and i´m also a phd candidate in social science at the university of Bremen. I´m a technology-affine social scientist with a background in quantitative research methodology. This blog will contain thoughts on statistical analysis, snippets of R-Code for data manipulation and visualisation and other topics i find interesting (i.e. Raspberry Pi). In my daily work i use software like R (Rstudio), MPLUS, SPSS, AMOS and Excel for quantitative data analysis and Atlas.ti or maxqda for qualitative analysis.
My current research interests are:
- qualitative and quantitative research methods
- descriptive analysis and data visualisation
- data communication
- structural equation modeling / latent class analysis
- attitudes, consumer attitudes
- behaviour, sustainable consumption
- risk perception and public views on climate change
- social acceptance of technology
- acceptance of windpower / biogas-plants
Posts will be written in English and German.